Housekeeping Associate – PT
PENDLE HILL is a Quaker study, retreat, and conference center that seeks to create peace with justice in the world by transforming lives through learning opportunities, retreat, and community created on our beautiful 24-acre campus in unceded Lenni-Lenape territory and in virtual settings. At Pendle Hill we commit to being a living testimony to a social order that manifests God’s love for everyone. We work to be inclusive, respectful, and supportive of all people. We strive courageously for peace and justice.
This is a highly collaborative staff community featuring responsive leadership and partial work-from-home arrangements for office-based employees. Community-building among staff is highly prized with monthly fun activities as part of staff meeting and two longer staff retreat days a year for fun, growth, and connection among all staff. The monthly community work morning provides variety with the opportunity to lend a hand on another team’s project or lead one for staff in your own work area. Learn more about Pendle Hill at https://pendlehill.org/.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Associate is responsible for providing housekeeping and cleaning services for Pendle Hill in support of our programs, events and overnight guests. The Housekeeping Associate provides a welcoming, clean, and safe environment for all guests and staff at Pendle Hill, in keeping within our mission, vision, and values, as well as our commitment to radical hospitality. Housekeeping Associates work with the Housekeeping Coordinator to track and improve procedures for excellent cleaning service in bedrooms, bathrooms, offices, and common areas. For more detailed duties and responsibilities, please review the full job description.
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Coordinator
- Ability to bend, stoop, stretch, twist, climb or balance when cleaning guest rooms.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, including furniture.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in a team.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Experience cleaning professionally in a hotel or residential context.
- Experience training others in systems or processes in a professional setting.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL PENDLE HILL EMPLOYEES:
- A highly welcoming attitude and willingness to provide hospitality for members of, and visitors to, the Pendle Hill community. Openness to a wide range of spiritual beliefs and experiences, cultural backgrounds and practices, and differences (of all kinds).
- Either a familiarity with Quaker faith and practices and a commitment to learning more or a willingness to gain, and over time deepen, such knowledge.
- Appreciation of the role of Quakerism in the mission of Pendle Hill.
TIME EXPECTATIONS: This is a part-time, non-exempt, 50% position. Out of respect for work-life balance, “full-time” at Pendle Hill is 37.5 hours per week, with 7.5-hour typical workdays. This scales to all part-time positions, thus this 50% position works 18.75 hours per week. Hours will range between 7AM and 6PM and include weekends and holidays (with an alternate nearby day selected for observance of the paid holiday).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: $15.00 per hour plus benefits including 4 paid vacation days in their first year of employment, six days paid leave in their second year of employment, and eight days paid leave in their third and subsequent years of employment. Additionally, a retirement plan is available to all those working more than 1000 hours per year, and there is the opportunity to take Pendle Hill courses for free. Additional benefits include one meal a day from the Pendle Hill Kitchen (free to staff except for the tax), a 20% employee discount at the Pendle Hill Bookstore, free copies of all Pendle Hill pamphlets upon publication, a beautiful campus with walking trails and fellowship with people from around the world.
NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: Pendle Hill appoints individuals without discrimination based on color, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, class, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, ability, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, religious affiliation, or any other category protected by law. Pendle Hill recognizes that some of these categories are social constructs, not rooted in science. Our aim is to be inclusive and affirming.
Pendle Hill staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except for those who cannot receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons.
Pendle Hill is not able to sponsor a work visa for international applicants at this time.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: Pendle Hill will conduct a background check for all candidates prior to hire.
INTERESTED? Please submit the following items to Hannah Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeping Associate PT” and your last name in the email subject line:
- a current resume,
- and contact information for three references, at least two of whom are professional references.
Review of applications will take place on a rolling bases and continue until the position is filled, with priority given to those applications submitted by August 5th. The anticipated start date is in September 2022.