Experience Extraordinary Hospitality
CONFERENCE SERVICES DURING COVID-19:
Pendle Hill is once again welcoming conference groups to campus. Here are some things we are doing to improve the safety of our guests and staff:
- IWave ionizers purifying the air (and reducing the presence of SARS CoV-2 by up to 99.4%!) in each building,
- Requirement that all guests on campus either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival on campus (see our statement and FAQ about this policy),
- Requirement that all staff be fully vaccinated, except those with a religious or medical exemption,
- Masking indoors,
- Capacity limits placed on the number of guests hosted on campus at one time,
- Waiver and symptom form submission required of all guests.
If you are interested in hosting an event at Pendle Hill, please contact the Conference Sales Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability, pricing, and to get the most updated information on pandemic-related requirements for conference groups.
Let Pendle Hill host your event! We are known for our caring and professional staff, delicious food, beautiful grounds, and proximity to major transit hubs. Groups of 5-60 persons can easily be accommodated overnight in a variety of spaces on our grounds.
Pendle Hill hosts conferences, retreats, and meetings for many different groups. Our guests include Quaker meetings and organizations, church groups, college faculty and staff, social service organizations, community groups, and more.
Portions of Pendle Hill are wheelchair accessible. Please view our accessibility information here.
In the event that the presence of a service animal is requested, Pendle Hill follows the ADA guidelines, which state that a service animal is limited to dogs or miniature horses that are trained to do work or perform tasks for individuals with disabilities. The task(s) performed by the service animal must be directly related to the person’s disability. The service animal must be on a leash, harness, or tether and under the control of the handler at all times. Per ADA guidelines, “comfort” or “emotional support animals” and service-animals-in-training do not meet the definition of a service animal. Pets are also not permitted at Pendle Hill.
Click on the images below for more information about our rental spaces, and/or call 610-566-4507, ext. 131, to customize your stay.