’tis the season for parties and visitors… and hummus! This easy recipe makes about 2 cups.
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (plus 1 T for garnish)
- 1 ½ cups garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 8-10 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ to 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin (plus a bit for garnish)
- Put the toasted sesame seeds in a blender, blend a bit, and then add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin. Blend well. Add the garbanzo beans and blend until very smooth, adding more olive oil if needed. Taste and adjust for salt and cumin if needed.
- Put hummus into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil over the top, and sprinkle with a bit of cumin if desired.
- Serve with pita chips or warm pita bread triangles.