Created by Chef Albert Sabatini and Kitchen Intern Katie Maley, this recipe will help push you through the end of cold season. Done in the Pendle Hill kitchen’s style of “classic with a twist,” this soup offers familiar flavors with some tasty and immune-system boosting additions.
- 1 quart homemade chicken stock
- 1 (13-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the chicken stock, coconut milk, ginger, and lime juice in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and green onion.