Your source for inspiring Quaker insights
For almost 90 years, Pendle Hill has expanded understanding of Quaker life and witness through original pamphlets and books. Each publication arises from the writer’s spiritual experience, religious concern, or special knowledge of an important contemporary theme.
Pendle Hill Pamphlets
In 1933, the Quaker devotional writer Douglas Steere suggested that Pendle Hill start publishing short, readable “tracts for the times.” The pamphlet series began the next year, and the tradition continues to this day, with over 480 pamphlets published to date!
Pendle Hill currently publishes six (6) pamphlets a year, each approximately 36 pages in length.
How to Buy
- Purchase hard copies in our online store and walk-in bookstore.
- Find eBooks on Amazon and B&N.
- Receive each pamphlet as it is published by ordering a subscription.
- Purchase preassembled pamphlet sets.
- Contact email@example.com for wholesale orders and quantity discounts.
Looking for a particular pamphlet or pamphlet topic? Search the Index to find what you’re looking for:
- Available in print in our bookstore
- Viewable in the digital copy
- Searchable in the downloadable spreadsheet
Submit your Manuscript
We welcome submissions from both new and longtime authors. Please refer to our pamphlet submission guidelines to see if your manuscript meets our criteria, and be sure to follow our style sheet when preparing your manuscript.
Pendle Hill Books
Pendle Hill has published some 60 books over the years, the majority of which are still in print and available in our walk-in bookstore as well as through our online store. We try to offer pre-owned copies of the out-of-print titles whenever possible.