PERSONAL RETREATS DURING COVID-19. Currently, Pendle Hill is closed to all overnight guests. If Pendle Hill determines we can welcome a limited number of guests for personal retreat in self-contained, private quarters on our beautiful campus, we will announce it here and in an e-mail blast.
Nurture your spirit with a personal retreat. Or stay overnight for a refreshingly different bed-and-breakfast experience.
We offer you:
- Beautiful 24-acre grounds with a mile-long woodchip trail, ponds, and 140 species of trees and flowering shrubs;
- Comfortable private room with bed and desk;
- Three delicious homemade meals a day, made with local and organic ingredients, and the opportunity for mealtime conversation with the Pendle Hill resident community;
- High Speed Wireless Internet Access Points in most buildings across campus and a dedicated computer room;
- Half an hour of open Quaker worship every morning – everyone welcome;
- Library, for reading, study, and research, open 24 hours except when class is in session;
- Art Studio, with supplies for your creative expression, open 24 hours except when class is in session;
- The chance to relax – to do as much or as little as you like;
- The opportunity for spiritual nurture;
- Convenient location just outside Philadelphia, easy to reach by car, train, or plane. Five-minute drive from Media and Swarthmore (including Swarthmore College), and 20 minutes from Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges.
Come for an overnight, a few days, or a few weeks. Who comes to Pendle Hill for personal retreats?
- Busy people who want time and space to refresh their spirit;
- Visitors from many countries who find a “home away from home”;
- People from many different faiths and backgrounds;
- Writers and artists;
- People who want to deepen their spiritual lives;
- Those gathering in a home-like setting with friends and family;
- Visitors to the area who are looking for bed and breakfast-style accommodations.
The cost of an overnight stay (bed and breakfast) is $90 per person for a single room and $70 per person for a shared double room. Children 4-11 years old are $45 (there is no charge for children under 4). Discounts are available for extended stays (sojourns). Lunch on our main campus is $10 and dinner is $14.
Please note that the above prices do not reflect conference group’s meal pricing of meeting spaces. If you are planning a meeting or a group retreat, please visit our Conference Services page. Participants in Conferences or Workshops do not reserve their meals individually.
Portions of Pendle Hill are wheelchair accessible. Please view our accessibility information here.
In the event that the presence of a service animal is requested, Pendle Hill follows the ADA guidelines, which state that a service animal is limited to dogs or miniature horses that are trained to do work or perform tasks for individuals with disabilities. The task(s) performed by the service animal must be directly related to the person’s disability. The service animal must be on a leash, harness, or tether and under the control of the handler at all times.
Per ADA guidelines, “comfort” or “emotional support animals” and service-animals-in-training do not meet the definition of a service animal. Pets are also not permitted at Pendle Hill.
We also provide access to an electric vehicle (EV) charging station on the premises.
Interested? Contact Pendle Hill Reservations or call 610-566-4507, ext. 137 or 800-742-3150 ext. 137. Pendle Hill, 338 Plush Mill Road, Wallingford, PA 19086-6023.