Last Updated: September, 2023
Pendle Hill is committed to supporting a safe environment for our guests and staff despite COVID-19. Staff leadership is monitoring the latest information about COVID prevention and the development of new variants, including recommendations of public health and workplace health authorities at every level and in consultation with medical professionals. These inform our policies and practices, which we endeavor to update as nimbly as wisdom and good discernment allow in order to optimize the wellbeing of guests, staff, and others associated with Pendle Hill. Below, please find our practices and policies related to COVID-19 mitigation.
What is Pendle Hill doing to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on campus?
In order to best provide a safe environment for guests and staff on campus, Pendle Hill sets certain expectations for guests on campus, provides updates to our infrastructure and care for spaces, and implements requirements among staff.
Expectations of Guests
We ask that all guests at Pendle Hill respect the below expectations, understanding the communal space and care that Pendle Hill seeks to create for all guests, staff, and residents.
- Masks are optional but highly encouraged on campus.
- Groups renting space on campus can agree among themselves to mask if desired when in their assigned meeting space.
- We ask all guests to self-monitor for symptoms while they are on campus, and, should they develop concerning symptoms, to communicate with their program leaders (if here with a program) or Pendle Hill staff (if not).
- We strongly encourage all guests to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Pendle Hill has installed updated air purification systems for all our meeting spaces and dining areas.
- In addition to our regular thorough cleaning regimen, commonly touched surfaces are now also disinfected daily.
- All staff are required to be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, except those with a valid religious or medical exemption.
- Staff are asked to use these hygiene measures:
- Wash hands for 20 seconds or more after bathroom use, before each use of tray line, before use of heavy-traffic appliances, before preparing food, before handling clean dishes or serving utensils, after eating, and after handling dirty dishes,
- Use hand sanitizer before going through the tray-line. For your convenience, there is hand sanitizer provided at the host desk.
- Use auto-door openers with elbow whenever they are available around campus,
- Use a paper towel on the handle of bathroom doorknobs when departing bathroom.
- Staff are required to actively monitor their health and wellness and that of their household and follow clearly laid out guidelines related to quarantine or isolation in the case of a COVID exposure or positive cases. These guidelines are at least as stringent as those recommended by the CDC, and in some cases more so.