Come Sing With Us!
THE PENDLE HILL CHORUS
“There is great beauty in the sound of people singing together!”
The Pendle Hill Chorus is a non-audition community chorus that draws singers from across the tri-state area. Singing since 1993, our repertoire of sacred and secular music from around the world is challenging yet accessible.
All are welcome regardless of musical or choral experience. The only requirement is a commitment to learning the music and supporting each other by attendance at weekly rehearsals.
Rehearsals: Wednesday evenings, 7:00pm-8:30pm
Location: Pendle Hill Quaker Study and Retreat Center, Wallingford, Pennsylvania
First Rehearsal: Wednesday, March 1 – 7:00pm-9:00pm
First Rehearsal Location: Swarthmore Friends Meetinghouse
(one time only) 12 Whittier Place, Swarthmore, PA 19081
Concert: Wednesday, May 17 – 8:00pm
Concert Location: Swarthmore Friends Meetinghouse
- See below for specific Chorus expectations.
- See https://pendlehill.org/stay/covid-19-information/ for general Pendle Hill protocols.
For more information about the Chorus, please contact:
Jackie Coren, director: email@example.com, cell: 215-292-9204
Joan Broadfield, manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
“We work hard and have a good time.”
COVID EXPECTATIONS OF PENDLE HILL CHORUS (PHC) PARTICIPANTS
- All members of the Pendle Hill Chorus are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Booster shots are not required, though strongly encouraged. Bring your vaccination card to the first rehearsal, or e-mail a photograph ahead of time to email@example.com (Subject heading: PHC-VAX).
- “Fully vaccinated” means at least 2 weeks after receiving the second shot of an MRNA Vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or 2 weeks after the single shot of the Johnson & Johnson.
- If you have a medical exemption, you are welcome to participate under these conditions:
1. Prior to the first rehearsal, provide proof of the medical exemption certified by a licensed physician.
2. Provide the results of a “negative” PCR test taken within 48 hours of arriving.
3. Bring your certification and test result to the first rehearsal, or e-mail a photograph ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject heading: PHC-VAX).
Masks are required indoors – KN95 or KF94
Participants are encouraged to take a COVID test of any type (i.e., PCR, rapid, at home) before the first rehearsal, and at any time you may feel symptoms. If the test result is “positive,” or if flu or cold-like symptoms persist, please stay home and get well.
WAIVER & SCREENING FORM:
The Waiver & Screening form collects contact information in a way that would be useful for any necessary contact tracing. It asks for affirmation that you:
- have provided proof of vaccination and that you have not recently tested “positive.”
- will cooperate with all COVID-19 safety measures in place for rehearsals and concert.
The link to the form will be e-mailed before the first rehearsal for you to submit online.