Pendle Hill cook Justin Lamble created this bright and flavorful dish that’s a perfect complement to spring and summer dishes.
- 2 pounds carrots, approximately 12 to 15 medium
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned, crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly of all liquid
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch celery seed and/or caraway seed, optional
- Wash the carrots and peel, if necessary. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots into wide noodle-shaped strips.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, sugar, pineapple, raisins, curry powder, garlic, and celery seed and/or caraway seed, if using.
- Add the carrots and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour to serve cold.