In the heat of summer, appetites are reduced and so is the desire to be cooking in the kitchen. Fortunately the bounty of the late summer garden provides just the right solution with this fresh salad.
- 1 large or 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red onion, and cilantro with sunflower oil and a squeeze of lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.