- Quaker artists age 14 and older
- Students at Friends schools and colleges, in the eighth grade or older
- Faculty at any Friends school or college
- You may submit up to five pieces
- All work must be paintings – using watercolor, tempera, acrylic, oil, or encaustic paints
- All work must be 2-dimensional
- Each piece must be less than 50” in height and width
- If selected, each piece should be framed and wired for final presentation. Artists will need special permission to exhibit their work without a frame.
Queries for Consideration (Please consider how these queries relate to your paintings):
- What am I being called to do?
- Where is my energy focused most strongly?
- How does my creativity fuel my passions and my purpose?
- Please email up to five high quality (350 dpi) images, one per piece, per artist
- Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018
- Include a list in the body of the email with the following:
- the title of each piece (make sure your image name corresponds to this title of the piece)
- the estimated framed size of the piece
- the medium(s) used
- the price, if for sale (Please factor in a 20% commission into your pricing, for work you wish to sell.)
- a few lines describing how the piece fits the theme of Paint, Passion and Purpose, or how your work relates to the queries listed above
- Please indicate the Friends’ School or Friends’ Meeting you attend with your submission
Jurors will review entries and artists or artist’s representatives (i.e. art teachers) will be notified of any selected work on April 1, 2018. Artist agreements will be sent to selected students (or their representatives), with detailed information about the exhibition process.
Selected work will need to be dropped off to the Pendle Hill Barn Gallery on May 1, 2018 at 10:00am. The exhibit will be on display from May 1st-August 30th, 2018.
Questions may be sent to Jesse White, Arts and Spirituality Coordinator, at email@example.com