Quick, easy, and delicious. Delicata squash… it has a sweet and smooth texture and is easy to prepare. Not only that, but it doesn’t have to be peeled; you can eat the skin! The recipe below serves four.
- 2 delicata squash
- 1 T of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse the squash and pat dry.
- Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut each half into 1/2 inch moon-shaped slices.
- In a bowl large enough to toss, place the cut squash and all of the ingredients. Toss well.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, until the squash pieces are tender and very slightly charred on the edges.