3 large turnips
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup shaved parmesan
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup whole milk
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Peel, trim, and slice the turnips very thinly.
3. In a cast iron skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter.
4. Put a layer of turnips on the bottom of the skillet on top of the butter.
5. Season lightly with salt and pepper and add 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
6. Add a tbsp of butter, cut into small pieces, and place on top of this layer.
7. Drizzle 2 tbsp milk over the turnips, top with some fresh thyme.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 until a total of 3 layers are formed. Finish with a cheesy top.
9. Bake for 25-30 minute until bubbly and brown.