We strive to meet the dietary needs of our many guests. When it comes to a birthday cake or treat for vegans, Esther Grewe, one of our German kitchen interns, has just the recipe.
1 ¼ cups (300 ml) coffee or almond milk
1 ¾ cups (400 ml) melted coconut oil
5 tsp vanilla extract
6 1/3 cups (800 gr) flour
2 ½ cups (700 gr) sugar
1 ½ cups (240 gr) cocoa powder
5 tsp baking soda
2,5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F;
2. Mix the almond milk and vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes;
3. Add oil, coffee, applesauce, and vanilla extract – beat until foamy;
4. Sift in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt;
5. Mix until no big clumps remain and it forms a nice batter;
6. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, test if the cake is done.